Windows XP Support Ends on April 8
Microsoft has been pushing hard to let the many PC users who are still stuck with the aged Windows XP, to upgrade to a more modern version of the operating system before April 8, 2014. After this deadline, there will be no more technical support or security updates from Microsoft for Windows XP. But, despite the chorus of warnings, Windows XP is still being used by as many as 40 percent businesses worldwide. Also, according to a research from software consultancy Camwood, one in five of the enterprises presently using Windows XP, plan to stick with it even after the April 8, 2014 deadline of end of OS support. However, to the businesses that are planning to do so, the advice from experts is simple- DON’T DO IT.
Migrate to a Present Supported Operating System
With Windows XP support ending on April 8, 2014, it is strongly recommended by experts that you migrate to a present supported operating system – such as Windows 7 or 8. But, the million dollar question is- WHY? Here are some good reasons why to migrate your OS now:
• Increased Costs: By sticking to the aged Windows XP, you are not only increasing IT labor costs but also user productivity costs. In a study, conducted by IDC, it was found that for PCs that were five years old and running on Windows XP, user productivity costs for each PC each year almost doubled from $177 in the second year to $324 in the fifth year. Also, IT labor costs per PC per year soared from $451 in the second year to $766 in the fifth year.
• Security Issues: As already mentioned above, after April 8, 2014, there would not be any assisted support options for Windows XP from Microsoft. And, with no more support, which includes security fixes, patches and updates, your PC may become vulnerable to harmful viruses, and other malicious software that can damage your critical business data and information.
• Outdated IT Skills: Using the age-old Windows XP OS not only puts a negative effect on your users’ productivity but also creates a negative impact on your employees. This is because your employees really do not want to be working on an aging OS when the rest of the world is moving so quickly with other platforms and the cloud.
How can ISHIR Help You with Migration?
ISHIR’s proven desktop application solutions will enable you to realize the benefits of latest operating systems- Windows 7 and 8, faster and with less risk, saving both time and money. Capable of managing the most complex of applications and data, ISHIR enables a proven, cost-effective and smooth application migration to Windows 7 or 8.
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Open Source
- Managed Security Services
- Artificial Intelligence
- PSD Slicing
- Developers Corner
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Mobile Application Development
- Managed Hosting
- Microsoft .NET Custom Development
- Software Testing
- Microsoft SharePoint Development
- Microsoft Windows Azure
- Offshore Development
- Outsourcing Software Development
- Microsoft Office 365
- Non-Profit IT
- Application Virtualization & Packaging
- Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Cloud Computing
ISHIR is a globally diversified leading offshore software development company with experience and expertise in a broad range of services and solutions. With 15 years of experience in the IT industry, ISHIR enables cost-effective and dependable software outsourcing solutions. We have over 900 satisfied clients across the globe and matured to become an extension of their internal teams.
We are experts in the field of software development, web design and development, managed cloud services, software testing, application development services and customer software development. India is a sought after market for addressing software development outsourcing requirements for enterprises across the world. ISHIR offers the value add of in-depth knowledge of all the key industries combined with the commitment to innovate and offer next-generation technological advantage. As a renowned custom software development company in India, one of the key differentiators that we offer is to understand our clients’ business objectives and challenges and align the right technology to provide customized solutions.
Headquartered in Dallas, with global delivery center in Noida, India, we are one of the preferred software development companies with a unique combination of skilled people, world-class processes and robust technology. ISHIR has a successful track record of delivering hundreds of projects using various tools and technologies. We have delivered on-time and on-budget custom software development services and application development services. Using our flexible delivery models, we have ensured success in all our offshore outsourcing projects. We have added substantial value and savings for our clients, often exceeding up to 85%, making us a dependable offshore Software Development Company. As a front runner software development company, India, we ensure that we go the extra mile to maximize ROI for our clients and act always as a trusted advisor of our clients.