New Microsoft Azure tools focus on enterprise mobility and security
Targeted hacking attacks in 2015 ranked the highest it ever has. Here’s a visualization from hackmageddon
But if you want a visualization what these attacks look like and information about them, here’s a snapshot from informationisbeauftiful.com.
So, it should come as no surprise that the cyber security industry is flourishing, and Microsoft is going all in. To spearhead this, they’ve launched their very own Enterprise Cybersecurity Group, specialized in modern security practices build mainly for cloud storage.
They, of course, will provide the classic threat detection and monitoring services, but the real advantage for users will be found in these four benefits:
- Access to hundreds of security professionals, data analysts, engineers, developers, program managers, and operations specialists within Microsoft.
- Azure Security works hand in hand with many third-party security providers to build an analytics profile.
- Microsoft has the single largest network of signals from which to learn from to create the most over encompassing security profile.
- Annual investments of over a billion dollars into R&D for cyber security.
The most innovative of these points is Microsoft’s combination of Azure security tools and other security providers. Microsoft recently partnered with Buttonwood Cloud Exchange, Data#3, Dimension Data, F5 Networks and the list goes on.
Microsoft is calling these third-party vendor combinations with Azure “Advanced Threat Analytics”. Advanced threat analytics is useful in situations like when a user is logging in from an unusual location, a user gains access after many password attempts, or when a user is using a virtual machine on an unsafe IP address.
And this isn’t just limited to cloud storage. This new Azure Security Center will function on-premises and in competitors cloud space, like Amazon’s cloud.
Will this new approach to cyber security work? One can hope. Unfortunately, it’s too little too late for these companies.
Needless to say, with the increase in modern cloud storage, cloud security is more important than it ever has been before; especially for tech giants like Microsoft.
Although still in the preview stage, Microsoft will be making this dream a reality soon.
Image credit: Image credit: https://pixabay.com/en/dollar-currency-money-us-dollar-499481/ , informationisbeauftiful.com
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Open Source
- Managed Security Services
- Artificial Intelligence
- PSD Slicing
- Developers Corner
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Mobile Application Development
- Managed Hosting
- Microsoft .NET Custom Development
- Software Testing
- Microsoft SharePoint Development
- Microsoft Windows Azure
- Offshore Development
- Outsourcing Software Development
- Microsoft Office 365
- Non-Profit IT
- Application Virtualization & Packaging
- Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Cloud Computing