MySQL is one of the most widely-used relational database management systems. MySQL is an open-source, fast reliable, and flexible relational database management system, typically used with PHP. It is extensively consumed in web application software stacks based on Linux, Apache, MySQL, Python and more.
The MySQL software delivers a very fast, multithreaded, multi-user, and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server. MySQL Server is intended for mission-critical, heavy-load production systems as well as for embedding into mass-deployed software.
The MySQL software is Dual Licensed. Users can choose to use the MySQL software as an Open Source product under the terms of the GNU General Public License (http://www.fsf.org/licenses/) or can purchase a standard commercial license from Oracle.
MySQL finds application in various areas that include eminent names like Facebook, Oracle and Google, being a crucial logic behind it powering approximately 50% websites on the internet.
It is an extremely expeditious database program offering various features that include-
- Written in C and C++.
- Tested with a broad range of different compilers.
- Uses multi-layered server design with independent modules.
- Designed to be fully multithreaded using kernel threads, to easily use multiple CPUs if they are available.
- Provides transactional and non-transactional storage engines.
- Uses very fast B-tree disk tables (MyISAM) with index compression.
- Uses a very fast thread-based memory allocation system.
- Provides the server as a separate program for use in a client/server networked environment, and as a library that can be embedded (linked) into standalone applications. Such applications can be used in isolation or in environments where no network is available.
- A privilege and password system that is very flexible and secure, and that enables host-based verification.
- Password security by encryption of all password traffic when you connect to a server.
Scalability and Limits
- Support for large databases. We use MySQL Server with databases that contain 50 million records. We also know of users who use MySQL Server with 200,000 tables and about 5,000,000,000 rows.
- Support for up to 64 indexes per table. Each index may consist of 1 to 16 columns or parts of columns.
- Clients can connect to MySQL Server using several protocols:
- Clients can connect using TCP/IP sockets on any platform.
- On Windows systems, clients can connect using named pipes if the server is started with the named_pipe system variable enabled.
- On Unix systems, clients can connect using Unix domain socket files.
- MySQL client programs can be written in many languages.
- APIs for C, C++, Eiffel, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Tcl are available, enabling MySQL clients to be written in many languages.
- The Connector/J interface provides MySQL support for Java client programs that use JDBC connections. Clients can be run on Windows or Unix.
- MySQL Connector/NET enables developers to easily create .NET applications that require secure, high-performance data connectivity with MySQL. It implements the required ADO.NET interfaces and integrates into ADO.NET aware tools. Developers can build applications using their choice of .NET languages. MySQL Connector/NET is a fully managed ADO.NET driver written in 100% pure C#.
- The server can provide error messages to clients in many languages.
- Full support for several different character sets, including latin1 (cp1252), german, big5, ujis, several Unicode character sets, and more. All data is saved in the chosen character set.
- The server time zone can be changed dynamically, and individual clients can specify their own time zone.
MySQL provides all-embracing assistance for every requirement of application development through deployment of SQL database.
Ishir has a panel of veteran SQL experts. We have sustained clients from all over the globe in building and crafting great websites, enterprises and Intranet using MySQL support.
Get in touch with us
Either by phone or e-mail we would love to answer any questions you may have.