Mobile Application market is rising day by day with ever-increasing ubiquity of mobile devices. Number and variety of user and mobile applications have grown exponentially in the last few years. Mobile application testing is more complex and time consuming than traditional desktop and web application testing. Mobile application need to be tested on multiple platforms each having various devices and OS versions.
Challenges experienced while Mobile Applications testing are as follows:
1. Variety of devices: Variety of mobile devices with various screen resolutions, screen size, are available in the market, it is not possible to test an application on each and every device
2. Different Operating system and OS versions: Mobile application testing is going to tough because mobile application can be installed across devices which have different platforms, Operating System (like: iOS, Android, Windows etc.), OS versions (like: iOS 4.x, iOS 5.x, Android 3.x, Android 2.x, Android 4.x etc.) with various screen resolutions, screen size etc. whatever is the OS version on a device, a user can still try to install his/her application, So application should be tested on major Platforms and OS versions.
3. Various Networks: Network can have an enormous effect on mobile applications. There are various mobile network operators in the world. Mobile networks use different technologies like CDMA and GSM with their versions like 2G, 3G and 4G. Apart from it, application should be tested on Wi-Fi network as well.
4. Mobile Environment: Mobile applications operate in a different mobile environment where application’s behavior can be affected by various factors like other application running in background, battery life, switching between networks, available memory and touch screen responsiveness. These factors require additional testing to ensure acceptable app behavior.
5. Scripting: Different devices differ in menu structures, keystroke options, input methods and display properties. When we use automated scripting, that script may be or may be not functioning on every device. For example a script that follow strict keystrokes on an Apple iPhone. This script would not work on an Android Phone, because the user interface is totally different. Hence a complex scripting technique is required for mobile application testing.
6. Frequent changes: Mobile application constantly changes based on reviews and feedbacks for functionality enhancement, causing frequent changes in application, lots of applications are launched into the market every day and to cope up with them more changes are recommended and it causes lots of rework for developers and testers.
Disclaimer: Developer’s Corner Section of ISHIR blog is contributed and maintained by independent developers. The content herein is not necessarily validated by ISHIR.
- Digital Transformation
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Services
- Big Data Analytics
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Open Source
- Managed Security Services
- Artificial Intelligence
- PSD Slicing
- Developers Corner
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Mobile Application Development
- Managed Hosting
- Microsoft .NET Custom Development
- Software Testing
- Microsoft SharePoint Development
- Microsoft Windows Azure
- Offshore Development
- Outsourcing Software Development
- Microsoft Office 365
- Non-Profit IT
- Application Virtualization & Packaging
- Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Cloud Computing
ISHIR is a globally diversified leading offshore software development company with experience and expertise in a broad range of services and solutions. With 15 years of experience in the IT industry, ISHIR enables cost-effective and dependable software outsourcing solutions. We have over 900 satisfied clients across the globe and matured to become an extension of their internal teams.
We are experts in the field of software development, web design and development, managed cloud services, software testing, application development services and customer software development. India is a sought after market for addressing software development outsourcing requirements for enterprises across the world. ISHIR offers the value add of in-depth knowledge of all the key industries combined with the commitment to innovate and offer next-generation technological advantage. As a renowned custom software development company in India, one of the key differentiators that we offer is to understand our clients’ business objectives and challenges and align the right technology to provide customized solutions.
Headquartered in Dallas, with global delivery center in Noida, India, we are one of the preferred software development companies with a unique combination of skilled people, world-class processes and robust technology. ISHIR has a successful track record of delivering hundreds of projects using various tools and technologies. We have delivered on-time and on-budget custom software development services and application development services. Using our flexible delivery models, we have ensured success in all our offshore outsourcing projects. We have added substantial value and savings for our clients, often exceeding up to 85%, making us a dependable offshore Software Development Company. As a front runner software development company, India, we ensure that we go the extra mile to maximize ROI for our clients and act always as a trusted advisor of our clients.