Before delving deeper into the facts of Google Analytics, let’s understand a bit about it. Google Analytics, as the name itself suggests, is all about statistics and data analysis. It is useful for website owners to estimate traffic through search engines, social networks, direct visits and referring sites. There are certain facts pertaining to Google Analytics that you would be willing to know. Scroll down to know more about it –
1. The data stored in Google Analytics is guaranteed to remain accessible for a minimum period of 25 months on an ongoing basis. That is, you can have your websites’ traffic history available for about two years at any given point of time from Google Analytics.
2. In Google Analytics, ten million is the monthly page view limit for a website [10 million hits per month per property]. For premium Google Analytics accounts, the limit goes up to 1 billion hits per month. For those with over 1 billion hits per month, tiered pricing is also available.
3. 1250 Google Analytics Profiles can be created using SINGLE Google Account Login. Statistically, once you get the Login ID credentials, , you can create about 25 Google analytics accounts with a Google login and 50 profiles per Google Analytics account which equates to 1250 (25 X 50) profiles per Google login.
4. Google Analytics could utilize maximum of first 5 party cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmz _utmv and _utmx via the ga.js library to record information about what a user has seen or done on a particular page. It sets these cookies at the domain specified in the document.host browser property and with the root level path. The _utma is unique visitor cookie and _utmb is session cookie and _utmz is Campaign cookie and _utmv visitor segmentation cookie and _utmx is Google Analytics Content Experiment cookie.
5. You will be amazed to know that Google Analytics Cookies have lifetime as well which are as follows:
- _utma , _utmv and _utmx cookies expire after 2 years from the last time your visitor visited the site, every time user re-visits the site the cookie expiry date gets reset to last for another two years.
- _utmb cookie either expires after 30 minutes of inactivity on a website or at the end of a day.
- _utmc – this cookie expires as soon as you close the browser window.
- _utmz cookie expires after 6 months from the last time your visitor visited the site.
Read more about cookie at:
6. Google Analytics was originally based on Urchin on Demand. Urchin was a web design and hosting company which was started by Paul Muret and Scott Crosby in the late 90’s. In 1998, they decided to focus solely on their Urchin Software. Google bought the company in early 2005.
7. There could only be up to 20 Goals [key performance indicators] which could be set in Google Analytics per profile/ per reporting view. For instance, if you have four sets of goals,each goal will have five slots. The Goals cannot be deleted; they could however, be turned off so the reporting on those Goals ceases.
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Open Source
- Managed Security Services
- Artificial Intelligence
- PSD Slicing
- Developers Corner
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Mobile Application Development
- Managed Hosting
- Microsoft .NET Custom Development
- Software Testing
- Microsoft SharePoint Development
- Microsoft Windows Azure
- Offshore Development
- Outsourcing Software Development
- Microsoft Office 365
- Non-Profit IT
- Application Virtualization & Packaging
- Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Cloud Computing
ISHIR is a globally diversified leading offshore software development company with experience and expertise in a broad range of services and solutions. With 15 years of experience in the IT industry, ISHIR enables cost-effective and dependable software outsourcing solutions. We have over 900 satisfied clients across the globe and matured to become an extension of their internal teams.
We are experts in the field of software development, web design and development, managed cloud services, software testing, application development services and customer software development. India is a sought after market for addressing software development outsourcing requirements for enterprises across the world. ISHIR offers the value add of in-depth knowledge of all the key industries combined with the commitment to innovate and offer next-generation technological advantage. As a renowned custom software development company in India, one of the key differentiators that we offer is to understand our clients’ business objectives and challenges and align the right technology to provide customized solutions.
Headquartered in Dallas, with global delivery center in Noida, India, we are one of the preferred software development companies with a unique combination of skilled people, world-class processes and robust technology. ISHIR has a successful track record of delivering hundreds of projects using various tools and technologies. We have delivered on-time and on-budget custom software development services and application development services. Using our flexible delivery models, we have ensured success in all our offshore outsourcing projects. We have added substantial value and savings for our clients, often exceeding up to 85%, making us a dependable offshore Software Development Company. As a front runner software development company, India, we ensure that we go the extra mile to maximize ROI for our clients and act always as a trusted advisor of our clients.