By: Katie Johns
There is a pressing need for businesses to target new customers and still retain their existing customers, deploying mobile solutions has brought a breakthrough to this pressing need but the question is this, with the speed of technology and Artificial intelligence, how can businesses improve what they already have for easier accessibility of their customers with little or no limitations.
Therefore, ways Progressive Web Apps Development can replace Native apps in the times to come includes but are not limited to,
1. PWAs Still Deliver A Lot Of Value: PWAs provide a lot of functions ranging from push notifications, app-based loyalty programs, location-based services and messages, even interactive games and other media. With all these functions, Progressive web apps will definitely strike out all the cons of mobile apps and create more durability of the mobile device.
2. Cheaper To Make, Easier To Maintain: Because the resources involved in making a Progressive Web App is less than that of a native app, it is significantly less expensive to make meaning that startup businesses can easily develop their own PWA that will function better than the native mobile app. In terms of maintenance, users don’t need to repeatedly download large chunks of files in the bid to update the old version, updates are immediately experienced once the developer updates them through the web experience by the user.
3. Faster To Develop: Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are faster to develop, this makes them very useful especially for one-off campaigns, new product releases or any other occasion where you need to hit your target audience with an app based medium of catering for their needs, this also means that developers will have a higher turnover of profit since the time it would’ve taken to make one native app can possibly make three PWAs.
4. Faster Load Times: Just like in automobiles and smartphones, what everyone is developing is speed and accuracy, Progressive Web Apps can load faster than native apps, and even countries that use only 2G networks can experience full functionality of PWAs as good as people using 4G.
5. Minimal Storage Required: Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) do not require downloads, the entire functionality of the PWA can be accessed through the web browser of the phone. This means that the smartphone will not experience any lag in performance due to Native application overload.
6. Cross-Platform functionality: Progressive Web Apps can work across different platforms, there is no need to develop one version for iOS and another for Android as seen on native apps. So this is a double win situation for developers and clients.
7. Shareable: Because they can work across platforms, that means that are shareable, the ability to share files and information is where the technology is heading to. Seamless sharing of information. That is why so many social media platforms are adopting and improving the PWA experience for their users.
8. Nuisance: Do you agree with me when I say that people find it difficult to download native apps these days? During the days of Nokia SymbianOS people felt good with populating their app screen with many apps, but the trend is changing, people prefer to browse the information and go offline, sometimes due to restriction in space, the difficulty of going through the app screen severally without finding the app you are looking for or frequent crashing od relevant apps, people prefer using mobile webpages.
9. Progressive Web Apps Are The Future: Knowing that people are not keen about downloading native apps, Google, Apple, and Microsoft, the giants in native app distribution have tilted towards PWA. People have gotten enough of native apps. Social media apps noticed a longer online session with its users through their PWA when compared to their native apps.
10. Search Algorithms Will Favor Mobile: In 2016, Google announced that it was going to shift its search engine indexing Algorithms to Mobile-first indexing before desktop website indexing, this means that the experience will favor companies with PWAs in the near future.
So many brands and companies are shifting to PWA and there is no doubt about the reason for this transition. Both mobile web pages and native apps have a lot of advantages but as it stands now, the disadvantages cannot be easily neglected considering our present practices, PWA is still new and to that effect, a lot of improvement will meet its usability in little or no time.
Engage with the ISHIR for faster and cutting-edge Progressive Web App Development Services. Feel free to talk to us in detail.
- Digital Transformation
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Services
- Big Data Analytics
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Open Source
- Managed Security Services
- Artificial Intelligence
- PSD Slicing
- Developers Corner
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Mobile Application Development
- Managed Hosting
- Microsoft .NET Custom Development
- Software Testing
- Microsoft SharePoint Development
- Microsoft Windows Azure
- Offshore Development
- Outsourcing Software Development
- Microsoft Office 365
- Non-Profit IT
- Application Virtualization & Packaging
- Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Cloud Computing
ISHIR is a globally diversified leading offshore software development company with experience and expertise in a broad range of services and solutions. With 15 years of experience in the IT industry, ISHIR enables cost-effective and dependable software outsourcing solutions. We have over 900 satisfied clients across the globe and matured to become an extension of their internal teams.
We are experts in the field of software development, web design and development, managed cloud services, software testing, application development services and customer software development. India is a sought after market for addressing software development outsourcing requirements for enterprises across the world. ISHIR offers the value add of in-depth knowledge of all the key industries combined with the commitment to innovate and offer next-generation technological advantage. As a renowned custom software development company in India, one of the key differentiators that we offer is to understand our clients’ business objectives and challenges and align the right technology to provide customized solutions.
Headquartered in Dallas, with global delivery center in Noida, India, we are one of the preferred software development companies with a unique combination of skilled people, world-class processes and robust technology. ISHIR has a successful track record of delivering hundreds of projects using various tools and technologies. We have delivered on-time and on-budget custom software development services and application development services. Using our flexible delivery models, we have ensured success in all our offshore outsourcing projects. We have added substantial value and savings for our clients, often exceeding up to 85%, making us a dependable offshore Software Development Company. As a front runner software development company, India, we ensure that we go the extra mile to maximize ROI for our clients and act always as a trusted advisor of our clients.