ISHIR has a well-honed Application Maintenance Methodology
ISHIR has perfected its application maintenance methodology by starting with gradual transfer of duties from customer’s in-house maintenance team to our offshore team and then increasing responsibilities held by the offshore team. While there are variations depending on the nature of the application and the scope of the project, in most maintenance projects our four-phased approach has proven to be the most effective. The process begins with our offshore attending to non-vital tasks and gradually reaches the level where our team will assume complete responsibility for systems management and upkeep. ISHIR’s proven methodologies help breaking down the maintenance process into systematic levels, and sets goals accordingly for maintaining agreed service levels.
This process is accomplished in four phases:
- Select team based upon the execution platform, operating systems, software environment, business environment, databases, etc.
- Obtain thorough understanding of the business domain and a complete understanding of the application implementation
- Configure the right maintenance model along with a gradual knowledge transfer to the offshore maintenance team.
- Stabilize infrastructure and the support processes
- Obtain thorough understanding of the scope and complexity of technical and business issues
- Distribute work between client and offshore maintenance teams
- Provide training in the areas required to the maintenance team under the guidance of the onsite team
- Schedule workload and system analysis
- Acquire complete knowledge of application execution environment, operational knowledge, business logic and structural/design knowledge
- Offshore maintenance team to perform most change request activities on its own, including help desk calls
- Client team to retain highly critical activities like change prioritization and version control
- Provide steady state support
- Assume entire maintenance operation, from versioning and end-user support, to help desk activities
Get in touch with us
Either by phone or e-mail we would love to answer any questions you may have.