Web Services Integration
The intention of Web services is to pave the way for vision fulfillment of collaborative commerce by removing constraints tobusiness imposed by IT in its present form.
The loose coupling model of Web services allows enterprises to overcome the myriad ways businesses use to reach their customers and partners today, to adopt new business models right in time and to serve and utilize adhocracy of business transactions and processes – the promise of business agility!
The Web services model is independent of whether the components being composed belong to the same organization or form a hybrid service using functions from many individual companies which empowers organizations to benefit from collaborative synergies of their trading community and to focus on their core business.
Business Value through Web Services
- The introduction of Web services is delivering business value right away!
- Generation of new revenue streams by exposing and combining legacy applications and functions
- Reducing complexity by wrapping functions or applications with standard interfaces
- Achieve interoperability between systems by reducing up-front system knowledge
- Improve efficiencies using open standards
- Reduce maintenance costs while increasing enterprise flexibility when making improvements or alterations to enterprise-level business processes
- Operate more agile by building an open, extensible, standards-based infrastructure